Work out your buget and establish your top priorities—where to save/where to splurge.
1. Start to identify your wedding style and color palette
2. Compile your preliminary guest list (Very important!).
3. Choose your wedding party
4. Find a venue for your ceremony and reception, and reserve your date.
5. Now that you have a date, tell everyone to save it! For destination weddings or weddings around a holiday, consider sending out Save-the-Date cards or emails. Or create your own wedding website, and let your invitees know about it.
6. Say yes to your wedding dress and begin assembling the perfect accessories.
7. Already feeling overwhelmed? Consider hiring a Wedding Planner or a Wedding Service Company (we taking you from here)
8. Find a vendor Assemble an all-star vendor team. We'd start with:
9. Continue researching, interviewing and booking vendors:
10. Decide on arrangements with your Floral team
11. Choose your wedding cake with your Cake Designer
12. Hire the DJ for your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception if you need it.
13. Discuss the style and wording of your wedding invitations with your planner or Stationer.
14. Create your gift registry
15. Arrange hotel for your guests and book your own suite for the wedding night.
16. Shop for bridesmaid/flower girl dresses and give your attendants clear instructions on how to place their orders.
17. Arrange and book any necessary transportation
18. Book the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner location. If you're including entertainment or specialty details like a groom's cake, now's the time to lock in these elements.(may not for everyone)
19. Put together your rehearsal dinner guest list.(may not for everyone)
20. Reserve all necessary party rentals
Shop for and reserve men's formalwear
21. Concentrate on finalizing the:
Guest list. Get everyone's mailing address.
Invitation wording. Confirm your invitation text with the Stationer, and consider additional stationery (programs, menu cards, place cards, thank-you cards, etc.).
Ceremony readings and vows.
Menu, beverage and catering details.
Timeline of the reception formalities.
22. Do a Makeup & Hair trial and book your stylists.
23. Shop for and purchase your wedding rings.
24. You're getting close…. Mail out those invitations!
25. Touch base with your vendors to confirm date, deposits and details.
26. Start researching marriage license requirements and name-change paperwork.
27. Begin your dress fittings. Be sure to buy the appropriate undergarments beforehand.
28. So you think you can't dance? Consider taking a dance lesson with your fiancé—a good way to break in your bridal shoes!
29. Write thank-you cards for shower gifts and any early wedding gifts received.
30. Send out rehearsal dinner invitations. If your get-together will be informal, feel free to send an Evite.
31. Finalize and confirm:
Wedding vows and readings with your Officiant.
Shot list with your Photographer/Videographer.
Song list for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception with your DJ and/or Band/Musicians.
Timeline for the reception and who's giving the toasts.
Wedding night and honeymoon accommodations.
32. Obtain marriage license and complete name-change documents, if applicable.
33. Pick up your wedding rings and proofread any engraving!
34. Purchase your guest book, toasting flutes, cake servers, unity candle, and all that good stuff.
35. Buy gifts (optional) for the wedding party and parents of the wedding couple.
36. Give your caterer/venue the final guest count.
37. Arrange seating and create the seating chart and/or place cards.
38. Confirm arrival times and finalize the wedding timeline with vendors and the wedding party
39. If you buy a wedding dress, it's time to pick it up
40. Speaking of emergencies: Check the weather report, and if things look iffy contact your venue to make sure a contingency plan is in place.
41. Make sure all wedding-day items are packed/laid out and ready to go! (Don't forget the rings and marriage license!)
42. Figure out final payments for vendors. Put them in clearly marked envelopes and give them to the Best Man or another person you trust to hand out at the reception.
43. Assign someone to pack up your gifts/belongings after the reception (don't forget the top tier of your cake!).
44. Return rental items the day after the wedding.
45. Attend the rehearsal and dinner. Now's the time to give out wedding party gifts.(optional)
46. Try to go to bed early…you need your beauty sleep tonight.
Do the rounds at your wedding—greet everyone and thank them for coming.
Take a deep breath. Stop to appreciate your new spouse and the day that you spent so much time planning!